2024 conference venue and accommodation
The University of Essex offers us an ideal venue, situated within 200 acres of parkland, the campus is a one-hour train journey from London, two miles from the historic market town of Colchester, and a one-hour drive from Cambridge.
The Visit Colchester website has information about the town and things to do there.
Our Saturday evening conference dinner will be held at the Barn Brasserie.
We have secured varying levels of accommodation either in student halls of residence or nearby hotels. Please note that reduced conference hotel rates are only available until 7 January 2024.
Rooms are available for conference delegates to book at the following hotels:
Please quote "Event Essex" for bookings at The Rose and Crown.
- Single occupancy rate: £74.00 bed and breakfast
- Double occupancy rate: £84 bed and breakfast
Please quote "JAP" for bookings at the Dragonfly Hotel.
- Single occupancy rate: £119.00 bed and breakfast (with a 60 day cancellation policy)
Please quote "JAP" for bookings at the George and St Nicholas Hotel.
- Single occupancy rate: £139.00 bed and breakfast (with a 60 day cancellation policy)
Please quote "JAP" for bookings at Wivenhoe House Hotel.
- Various room types at rates ranging from £170 - £365 bed and breakfast
Student Accommodation is also available to book on campus. Please call our reservationist on 01206 872005 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: The Barn Brasserie
Image: Wivenhoe House Hotel